Friday 9 January 2009

In Progress: A Plywood Creature

Above: I am actually taking a break from this project while I finish the house. This jellyfish was inspired by a nineteenth century drawing found in my old copy of KOS, a beautiful science history magazine published during the 1980's by Franco Maria Ricci.
(Click here to enter designboom which explains more about Ricci and his publications, among other tempting things like online design courses and interviews with great designers .)

Above: the Queen makes a reappearance too, partly because I lost my previous Queenie to the fundraising event at Seventh about a month ago. (I wonder whose wall she is gracing now?!) So far, the idea is the same as the paper versions: these too will be cut out and assembled into a new type of creature, though I'm not sure how yet.

No comments: