Sunday 26 July 2009

Patchwork Rugs








Some beautiful rugs which have been floating around work lately. They are made from pieces of antique rugs painstakingly handsewn together like a quilt. I find them very beautiful in that crazy more-is-more Kaffe Fassett way: they might even be my inspiration for a knitted blanket or cushion.
The final rug shown here has been chosen to add a special warmth to the floor of the new Seed store in Bowral, NSW. From my observer's vantage point, no other Seed store has had this level of attention paid to it -- our visual merchandising department even enlisted the help of the local historical society. I'm told it's a very beautiful spot. Sometimes life in the office seems so extra prosaic....
Rugs from Loom, Armadale. Thanks to my colleague James for the photos. (There are plenty more: if anyone out there wants to see some, I'd be glad to post them).

No comments: