Friday 21 January 2011

Random


The other day I went into the studio with the view to making a picture which would go into my illustration folio as a "fashion" piece. This random page happened instead. Possibly because I have gone from being a complete fashion nutcase in my youth to someone bemused by the increasing speed and wastefulness of so much of it.
And there are so many more things in this world that I like to draw now.
I don't suppose that that sort of attitude will land me a freelance fashion drawing gig anyway, will it? In the meantime, I am pleased that I found this sweet face smiling among the waxed apples in a Safeway catalogue. It's no portrait, but I think I captured something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

see looks happy and a little bit naughty, ik like her!

greetings

jen storer said...

Oh yes you definitely captured something! Keep it up, it's all so gorgeous and quirky! jx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you very much Marit and Jen! :)

M. said...

Wow— I just discovered your work and your blog... LOVE! Where have you been all my life?

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hello Maral! Thank you so much, you are very sweet. I don't know where I have been all your life...all I can say is that unfortunately for most of my life I have been nowhere near Paris!
I have enjoyed looking at your blog too. :)