Sunday 19 June 2011

Mushrooms and Snails travel far



This is a post in two parts.

Firstly, it is my great pleasure to announce that the three little wooden creatures shown above have travelled all the way to the beautiful TarraWarra Museum of Art where they will be very well looked after in their shop. (I had such a great time meeting their lovely staff the other day. They are very excited in anticipation of hosting the Archibald Prize for the first time shortly!) A whopping seventeen more of my latest wooden creatures will be there too: the series that I have been working on the last couple of weeks. You can see them if you look at my last few posts.

The second part of this post are these beautiful photos below sent to me by the delightful and very talented Ms. Sandra Winkworth (or Swinkie) from Sydney. I posted her a mushroom and a snail recently, and in return she sent me these beautiful photos which make my work look good! Thanks so much Sandra W.




She also sent this photo of some very beautiful pokers. Sandra has a huge appreciation of nature, and her blog is a treat. I am not sure whether these flowers are the result of her toil, but they might be as she is a great gardener.

I love seeing where my work goes to live after it leaves me. Whether you have a clock, a mirror or even a greeting card propped up, please consider sending me a photo as I would love to see where it's living!

2 comments:

swinkie said...

What a lovely home that Mr New Snail is carrying. The Tazza museum looks amazing and now that shop will too!
ps Unfortunately having real distance I couldn't give you the real living pokers as intended so a snapshot was the alternative. They are an amazing plant ...all you do is plant them and they do the rest with showy performances every year.
xx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thank you Ms Sandra W!!! :)
Those pokers are extremely beautiful -- great to know that they're easy to grow too, that's got me thinking about a few sad spots in the backyard...
Thanks again SW, hope you wrote that comment from a far off place..... ;)
xx