Friday 2 March 2012

Il Giornalino di Gian Burrasca












When I bought this beautiful children's classic in Bologna five years ago, the grand plan was to read it.  As my Italian dwindles instead, I am happy to admire the cover and the gorgeous little pictures that surround the text.
(I also like to remember the delicious yoghurt granita that I had right after I bought it.)
Il Giornalino di Gian Burrasca, written and illustrated by Vamba (Luigi Bertelli).  First published in 1919.  I own the 1990 edition.

3 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Looks hilarious! Wish I knew more Italian!

Saskia said...

LOVE the man head-to-toe in plaid. You have some great finds. These illos are seriously gorgeous. Love it when purchases cast you back to something you've eaten on holiday. I still remember eating whopping juicy olives in Greece, after having bought a little rug. Every time I look at that rug I drool a little bit thinking about the olives.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Julianne -- yeah, unfortunately, so do I! ;)

Hi Saskia -- exactly -- I love any trigger that reminds me of a beautiful meal or snack that I have eaten while on holiday. That rug must make you hungry!