Saturday 26 October 2013

Portrait No 2 for The Design Files Open House


I painted this lass and her little green friend back in August, but haven't been able to show them until now.  This is the second in a series of ten portraits that I have painted for The Design Files Open House 2013.  The first one is here.  All of the paintings are acrylic on wood and measure around 30 x 40 cm.  They will each have a rather spiffy frame too, made by Michael Cleary.  Photo above by the multi talented Tim Gresham.  (How lovely to have my work professionally photographed, for once!)
Bad i-phone shot of my work in progress, above.  I always paint the face first.  The face is the most important and difficult part as far as I am concerned.  If I wreck it and need to start again, there's less collateral damage.  More importantly, if I paint the face first, I  get to know who I am dealing with, and we decide on the other details together.

6 comments:

Jo Grant said...

Lovely Sandra. There's something very.....eighties covergirl about this painting. Looking forward to the open house pics. good luck! See you soon.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Jo -- thank you very much -- I didn't think of her as being eighties but I love that you do!!! Maybe I have been looking at her for too long to see anything!
Looking forward to your book launch........

sister outlaws said...

Oh it made me gasp! She's so lovely - and I love that you paint her face first and get to know her.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you so much Julianne. I am quite happy with her too -- she is one of my favourites.

Saskia said...

She is perfection Sandra. Those eyes and lips! Love the work in progress too. TEN portraits! You have been a busy lady. Can't wait to see them all at DFOH. It's in my diary! xx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you Sass! I am looking forward to hearing what you think. :-)