Wednesday 16 April 2014

A huge honour.


Recently I had the huge honour of painting a few portraits for Andrea from Stampel, and her equally lovely sister Jen.
Above: Their late mother Marilyn, based on an old black and white photograph.  When Andrea and her sister were little, their mother painted flowers on their windcheaters using puff paint.  Andrea still owns her windcheater and suggested that I use her mother's flower painting style as inspiration, which I think was a brilliant idea.
Marilyn in her later years, below.

And last but not least, Andrea's late mother in law, Janet.  I greatly enjoyed painting these portraits, and feel incredibly honoured that the sisters asked me to bring back a little of these beautiful women who were so such a huge part of their lives (and Andrea's husband's).  While I was painting them, I grew very fond of them as well.

2 comments:

Renée said...

Beautiful job!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you very much indeed, Renee!